Outlook 2007 is a popular email client used to manage your multiple email accounts. Despite being feature packed, Outlook may run slow and create performance issues. Sometimes you may find Outlook to be a bit slower than usual. The following Outlook tech support guidelines will help you make your Outlook perform much better and faster.
- Go to the Start menu located on your computer taskbar at the bottom left corner of your computer screen. Right-click on Computer and select System Properties from the popup menu.
- This will bring up the System Properties window. Here, you will be able to check your system requirements. See whether your computer meets minimum system requirements for powering Microsoft Office 2007 version. If your system does not meet this minimum requirement, you will definitely run into problems while running Microsoft Office 2007. Microsoft Outlook that comes packaged with the Office suite will not perform well if your computer lacks enough system software and hardware support.
- When you use Microsoft Outlook, make sure that you have the most compatible version of Outlook installed in your Windows computer. To get better performance and user experience, Microsoft suggests its users to run Service Pack 1, which was recently updated. You may visit Microsoft official website for latest downloads and updates on the same.
- Get your emails and folders arranged into multiple folders to enhance the performance and speed of response. Use the above-mentioned technique if your count in a single folder exceeds the 10,000 items toll mark. Enhance incoming and outgoing mail processing speeds by reconfiguring and fragmenting the data into smaller packages.
- Enhance Outlook performance by removing unnecessary Outlook add-ons. Remove all unnecessary third party applications and plugins that affect the performance and efficiency of Microsoft Outlook.
- Also, check to see if your antivirus program is causing the sluggish performance of your Outlook application. Disable your anti-virus software temporarily to see if it has to do something with the slowing down your email performance. Some virus scanners integrate themselves with your email program to scan incoming and outgoing emails, thereby resulting in the slow performance of your Outlook program.