Outlook is the popular email client used by millions of people across the globe for a variety of purposes, both business and personal. The Outlook 2010 version offers customers a wide range of features like configuring any ISP like Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc. Here, we have provided some Outlook email setup guidelines for configuring Outlook 2010 and enjoying the various features associated with them.
Configuring with MES
Configuring with MES
- Access the Start menu and visit the Control Panel. Then you need to double click on the icon called Mail.
- Open your Outlook application and select the menu called File. Thereafter, select the Info tab.
- Next to the Account Setting, you can see a drop down menu. Click and select the option labeled Account Settings-Add account. Now you need to give your complete information regarding the username and password in the corresponding field and click on the button seen next to Manually configure server settings or additional server types.
- Proceed to the next step by selecting the Next button and from the options seen in the desktop, select Microsoft Exchange. Again, click the Next button.
- Below the heading Microsoft Exchange Settings, next to the Microsoft Exchange server, enter your MES information and proceed by marking the check box labeled Use Cached Exchange Mode seen below. Enter your complete email address in the box named Username and click the More Settings button.
- The next step is to highlight the tab called Connections and select the box Connect using my Local Area Network (LAN) by clicking it. Thereafter, select the option saying Connect to Microsoft Exchange using HTTP. Again, click the tab named Exchange Proxy Settings and under the heading Connection Settings, enter the URL.
- Proceed by clicking the checkbox seen next to the option Connect using SSL only and the box seen under Only connect to proxy servers that have this principal name in their certificate. Enter the required information in the corresponding box and check mark the box seen next to Fast and slow networks.
- Under the heading Proxy authentication settings, from the drop down menu, select the option NTLM Authentication and proceed to the next step by clicking the OK button. Type your desired information like username, password, name etc. in the corresponding fields. Once the process of authentication finishes, click the next button followed by clicking the OK button. Finally, conclude it by clicking Apply and then Finish.