Microsoft Outlook program is the email manager program that is used by most people to manage their email accounts. Here we discuss simple Outlook setting instructions for configuring Live mail account with the Outlook email client.
- Open the Outlook email manager program by double clicking on its icon found in the desktop and then click on the Tools tab found at the top side of the application window.
- From the drop down menu that appears on the screen, click on the Account Settings option and then select the E-mail tab found under it. Click on the option named New found in the context menu that appears on the screen.
- Select the type of account as Microsoft Exchange, POP3, IMAP, or HTTP, based on the type of email server your service provider employs and then click on the Next button to continue with the configuration process.
- In the text box found next to the option labeled as Your Name: type in the name that you would like to display to your contacts when you send them an email. Also type in the email address in the field labeled as E-mail Address.
- Put a check mark in the box found next to the option labeled as Manually configure server settings or additional server types and then click on the Next button.
- Select Internet Email, click on the Next button and select the type of account as POP3.
- Set the incoming mail server as pop3.live.com and the outgoing mail server as smtp.live.com.
- Now in the User Name filed, type in your complete email address including domain name and type in the password for logging in to the account in the Password text box.
- Click on the More Settings button and then put a check mark in the check box found next to the option labeled as My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication and Use same settings as my incoming mail server found under the Outgoing Server tab.
- Set the incoming server port as 995 and outgoing server port as 25 in the Outlook setting window and then click on the OK button for saving the changes made to the program.
- Click on the Next button followed by the Finish button for making the changes permanent.