Security is something that often a concern in every computer user’s mind as today’s digital world is plagued by many adware and viruses. Microsoft’s Windows operating system is especially susceptible to these attacks as it is one of the most widely used software in the world. Microsoft Security Essentials is the antivirus program introduced by the company and is packed with tools that is capable of scanning a computer for possible infection by adware, spyware, viruses and other kind of malware and also, patching it up to ensure the security of the system.
The sad part is that this amazing software doesn’t come along with the Windows 7 operating system. However, it can be obtained from the download section in the Microsoft website for free. It’s quite different from the third party antivirus application that’s currently available in the market with its unsophisticated tools and ease of using them effectively. You can avail the following instruction which was developed by the Microsoft help and support crew to install the software on your Windows 7 machine.
• Navigate to the download section on the Microsoft official website and obtain the Microsoft Security Essentials and install it on your machine.
• Trigger the "Start" tab to bring on the startup menu which holds a “Search” box in which you will have to type in "security” and press the “Enter” key on your keyboard.
• Pick out "Microsoft Security Essentials" from the results.
• Go to the "Update" window before accessing the "Update" tab to obtain the latest releases about malwares and viruses.
• Pick out the "Settings" tab before moving for the "Scheduled scan" tab and then move forward to the "Check for the latest virus and spyware definitions before running a scheduled scan" tab to ensure that your software will run regular updates automatically.
• Tick the box that lies next to the title "Run a scheduled scan on my computer” and pick out a type scan from the available options before selecting a particular date and time to entitle the software to scan your system regularly.
• Hit on the "Home" tab to move for the "Full" tab in which you will have to access the "Scan now" tab to launch up the Microsoft Security Essentials to hunt your computer for infections and viruses.
• Got a list of viruses or infected files after the scan? No need to worry about that. Just follow the on-screen guidelines to patch up those files to make your system infection free.
• Once the entire process is complete the software will revert to the "Home" page without your attention.
Need technical professionals to assist you in this function? Drop a call in the Microsoft help and support center.