If you want to switch to a new Windows XP computer, you might wish to recover all your Outlook Express messages from your old computer first. Outlook Express help teams have recommended the following steps that one needs to follow in order to transfer files to a new computer.
Guidelines to follow
• First of all, open the Outlook Express program in your new computer, and then click on the “Tools” button to open the Tools menu. Click on the “Options” button located on the Tools menu.
• Then, you should access the “Maintenance” section situated at the top of the program window, and then select the “Store Folder” option. The path to the required Outlook Express data folder will now be displayed on your screen in a dialog box.
• Click on the “Start” button located in the lower left corner of your computer screen, and then select the “My Computer” option from the Start Menu. Now, navigate to the Outlook Express data folder with the help of the path you just found.
• With the help of an external storage device, copy the “Outlook Express” folder to the desktop of your new computer.
• Open the Outlook Express program on your new computer.
• Click on the “File” button displayed on the top of the program window and choose the “Import” option. From the newly displayed menu, click on the “Messages” button.
• From the list of programs displayed, click on the "Microsoft Outlook Express 6" option. Click on the “Next” button to go to the next step.
• Select the “Import mail from an OE6 store directory" option, and then click on the “Next” button.
• To navigate to the Outlook Express folder copied on to the desktop from the old computer, click on the “Browse” button. Choose the “Ok” option, and then click on the “Next” button.
• When you are prompted by the system to select which data to recover, click on the “All Folders” option.
• To finish off the process, click on the “Next” button and then the “Finish” button. You will now be able to see that all the Outlook Express messages stored on your old computer are now copied to your new computer.
These are the instructions provided by the Outlook Express help that you need to follow to transfer Outlook Express messages to your new computer. Transfer of OE data can be made easy by following the steps given above.