Windows platforms are the ones that changed the face of the software industry. Microsoft introduced Graphical User Interface (GUI) with the Windows Series. Until Windows, there were no GUI’s in the market and this made computers very hard to be handled. The interface in the non-GUI platforms consisted of command prompts. A user needs to learn commands for the platform in order to use the computer. However, GUI uses pointers for doing many functions and many functions were presented visually. Due to visual aid provided in Windows platforms, Windows platforms and Computers became very dear to users.
Once computers and Windows platform gained publicity among normal people, security became an issue when Computers gained wide spread use. Even though Microsoft has introduced security features in the introductory versions of the Windows platform, they were very weak. When security became an important issue for the users, Microsoft made reforms in the security system of the new platforms. Windows Help Websites feature a lot of articles on personal and internet security.
Security System in Windows
A Windows-based computer, whichever version, has a built in system that protects you from unauthorized people getting access to your computer. This system requires a password for logging in to your computer. There are many reasons, nothing mysterious, why any PC user would want to turn off the password system to your computer. In case of computer systems used by multiple users, there is no meaning in putting password to the system. The only disadvantage in turning off the password system is that it will grant all users with the permission to log onto your account or use your computer. The following instructions will help you in turning off the windows password system. Windows Help feature has contents on this topic.
1. Log in to administrator account of the computer system for which you want to turn OFF the password system.
2. Click on the Start button on the taskbar at the bottom of your screen.
3. Select the Control Panel option in the settings drop menu from start menu.
4. In the Control panel window, click on the User Accounts icon to open the User Accounts window.
5. Choose the appropriate user from the list given there.
6. Click the Remove Password link at the bottom of the options given there.
7. When prompted, enter the old password for the account and then click on the Remove Password button at the bottom of window.